Wet suits!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Tally


For a quick post today I thought I would tally what I have logged since the start of training - which for me was November 8, 2009. I took two full weeks off after Big Kahuna and then started training for the Ironman.

Swimming = 27 miles in the pool
Biking = 400 miles
Running = 60 miles
Off days = 16
Total hours spent working out = 73 hours

There are 161 days til the Ironman! Yikes! But we all seem to be feeling good and getting into the grove. This was the end of week 2 with TRIbe and the schedule for next week just came out. For me, I have been swimming, biking, etc.....at least 6 days a week for the most part since 11/8/09 so right now the # or duration of the workouts during the week is not a problem for me. What I am struggling with is making sure I stay balanced with sleep, nutrition, and life! Work has been very busy for me and I am about to start traveling a lot. I am pretty good about re-arranging my schedule on the road to get all my workouts in, but it is even more critical now so I don't fall behind.

Saturday's ride was 43 miles with about 25% hills. A pretty tough ride and my legs were feeling it by the end. We ran only 10' off the bike and then went for lunch. Today was an 80' easy run and then a short nap which was much-needed.

Thinking about dinner right now!

More next week.
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment