Wet suits!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

120 Days to Go!


Yes, I know.....it has been a while. Time just gets away from me and I forget to update my blog. Between work and work-travel (have been to China, San Diego, and Boston since my last post) it requires lots of advanced planning to get all the workouts in each week. I am always shuffling......"I can swim here, but will be traveling here so I better save the run for that day...." - I guess that comes with the territory. Overall, I would say the training is going very well and Team Business Socks is rocking the Ironman training plan. It is really great to train with friends b/c there is always someone to swim, bike, and run with. I cannot imgaine doing this solo.

No major injuries to report - I did have a sore neck and back last week, but this weekend it has been better. Thankfully nothing else hurts (well, lots hurts after 80 miles on the bike, but nothing serious).

Some of the group had scheduling conflicts today, so Eric and I rode together. We haven't had a ride just he and I in forever, so it was nice to ride and chat. It was an easy loop so he rode my pace :) We cut the ride short when we saw these (see pix) black clouds roll in overhead. We did a good 30 min run in off the bike, though. I ran between a 8:20 and a 9:30 pace so I was happy to be able to push it some after a light bike ride. I still do run/walk, so every 4 min I walk for 1 minute. This strategy works for me and I think will be key in Idaho when I am really tired. Even with the added walk breaks, I kept my overall pace under a 10 min/mile. Lately I have been slacking and averaging 11-12 min overall so I needed to pick it up.

Tomorrow is Sunday and we will be doing the Stanford TREEathlon - a sprint distance tri in the area. 500m swim, 12 mile bike, and 3 mile run. Should be a good training exercise.

I tallied up my miles and here is where I am at now: 50 miles in the pool; 800 miles on the bike; 150 miles running. 120 days to go! Yikes! We are feeling good and still excited about the adventure.

Cheers!
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment